School athletic facilities are made available to eligible non-profit youth organizations subject to the provisions of the Board of Trustees policy Nonschool Use of School Facilities [GKD (LOCAL)]. The entire policy may be viewed on the internet at http://www.cfisd.net/aboutour/policy.htm.
A copy of an insurance certificate shall be issued to the district prior to the use of a facility as described in the attached insurance requirements. The school shall be the additional insured party in such contract. All policies shall contain an endorsement stating that the insurance company will not terminate the policy or change any coverage therein prior to policy expiration date without notifying the school district by registered mail, at least thirty (30) days prior to such termination.
- District events have priority over outside groups, i.e. team practices, competitive events, student and staff activities, open house, testing, etc.Athletic activities shall not be permitted in school cafeterias, commons, hallways, or other non-athletic areas of the building.
- State law prohibits the possession and/or use of alcoholic beverages on school district property and the use of tobacco products in school facilities. School Board policy prohibits use of tobacco products on school district property.
- Eighty percent (80%) of home team or host team participants must be students residing in the Cypress-Fairbanks ISD attendance boundaries.
- Access will be provided to the group at the access times listed above. Participants must not enter the facility before designated time and must leave the facility at the designated time. CHILDREN ARE NOT TO BE DROPPED OFF AT THE SCHOOL WITHOUT SUPERVISION.
- Outside groups will provide their own athletic equipment. No storage is provided at school facilities.
- Scoreboard equipment is available for league games and tournaments only.
- The outside group is responsible for any cost incurred as a result of misuse or abuse of equipment or facilities. General maintenance and repair will be provided by the District.
- Events in athletic facilities are monitored by the District’s supervision program by assigned district personnel. These supervisors are responsible for ensuring proper use of facilities by non-school groups.
- The undersigned shall be the authorized representative for the outside group and will be responsible for the school property during their scheduled time. This person, in turn, shall be responsible to the school district.
- The undersigned is responsible for communicating district policies and procedures to all participants and spectators. Adult volunteers must be provided as contacts for the district supervisor should a concern arise, and must identify themselves to district personnel as responsible persons for the activity upon arrival.
- Food, drinks, and small “team spirit” items may be sold by the organization. No outside vendors or for-profit companies may sell items of any kind, and no other fundraising programs may occur in District facilities.
- No use of built-in school concession stands is permitted. Groups must provide their own ice for events.
- Non-school groups are responsible for cleanup of facilities, using school trashcans for disposal of garbage.
- All state, local and District Aquatics Safety Department pool use requirements must be met at the group’s expense. Swim teams must have an American Red Cross certified coach (ARC Safety Training for Swim Coaches or equivalent) in attendance and supervising at all times.
- The district will schedule the required number of lifeguards and adequate supervision and security for all competitive events at the organization’s expense.
- District emergency procedures must be followed and can be found in the Pool Users Handbook located in the storage cabinets at all district pools.
- No diving board use is permitted by nonschool groups.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the pool areas.
- All posted safety rules must be followed at all times. NO CHILDREN ARE PERMITTED IN THE POOL AREA WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION PROVIDE BY THE OUTSIDE GROUP.
A copy of an insurance certificate shall be issued to the district prior to the use of a facility as described in the attached insurance requirements. The District shall be the additional-insured party in such contract. All policies shall contain an endorsement stating that the insurance company will not terminate the policy or change coverage prior to policy expiration date without notifying the school district at least thirty (30) days in advance.
Payment is due by the invoice due date in all cases. Additional rates may apply for staff or security required for larger events. All rates are subject to change. The organization may be responsible for fees incurred if the organization cancels a scheduled event with less than 5 business days notice.
The undersigned hereby agrees to comply with the school board policy, rules, and regulations pertaining to use of District as stated above.